Motown Songwriter/Producer/Arranger Clay Drayton
presents the highly anticipated
Receive hours of step by step
online video instruction
Learn Secrets that made MOTOWN Great
How to create catchy Hooks
Write Memorable melodies
Create great verses and much More!
Register Now http://bit.ly/7SecretsOnlineCourse
We got a number of interesting requests today:
1) I’m looking for songs that are left of center for a show about radically transformed earth 50 years in the future with several new alien species living alongside humans. The music should reflect this new reality. Cultures and genres of music being mashed together coming out in new ways musically. They’re open to interpretation, so make sure it sounds evolved and not middle-of-the-road mainstream. Male or female vocals. Must b...e clean lyrically.
2) Looking for retro jazz, folk, rock or soul that leans 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. Lyrics can be in English or in any foreign language. Male or female vocals. Must be clean lyrically.
3) Looking for dustbowl/Americana-poet/highway-man vibe a la Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Mark Knopfler, Tom Waits, T-Bone Burnett, Leonard Cohen, Robert Plant, Woodie Guthrie. Male vocals. Must be clean lyrically.
4) Need indie pop with female vocals, a la Meiko, Anya Marina, Ingrid Michaelson, Erin McCarley. Acoustic stripped down intimate stuff and more produced stuff. Must be clean lyrically.
5) Need shoegaze alt rock songs a la Silversun Pickups, Yuck, A Sunny Day In Glasgow, Tame Impala, The War On Drugs, Deerhunter, DIIV, The Radio Dept., School Of Seven Bells, Bleach, Slowdive. Male or female vocals. Clean lyrics.
6) Need interesting, unique cover songs that are already recorded. DO NOT specifically record cover songs for this. Clean lyrics.
Please note that I do already have some songs in the library that will be sent. Just looking for anything new as all of the requests above are for full seasons of a few shows so multiple songs are needed.
When you send the music, please let me know which requests you’re pitching for by number as defined above.
Email me NOW if you want to submit firstname.lastname@example.org. I MUST have your agreements sent to you.
All submissions must be in no later than 10am Pacific Time (1pm ET) on Wed., March 18.
Upload WAV or AIFF ONLY with full tracks AND instrumentals of those tracks.
Let's do this!
Alternative Latin songs – with outside the box/left of center vocals – to play for a Mexico City storyline. The reference artist they gave is Band Of Bitches, but they’re open to male or female vocals and all tempos and tones.
Please stay away from stereotypical sounds (i.e. Mariachi, Latin Pop).
I must have any submissions NO LATER than 5:00pm EASTERN TIME tomorrow (Friday, 2/27) – that’s 2:00pm PACIFIC TIME.
Any songs received after 5:00pm ET will not make the pitch.
Needed : CLEAN/SAMPLE FREE HIP HOP, ELECTRO, ELECTRO POP and CLUB SONGS
(with vocals – and corresponding instrumentals) for a new show on MTV.
The time line is TIGHT so I’ll need all songs NO LATER THAN 9AM EASTERN TIME (6AM PACIFIC TIME) tomorrow (Fri, 2/13). We will need these tracks for many upcoming shows as well so this is an urgent, yet ongoing need.